Monday, March 7, 2011

Design Wall Monday

 The Iditarod started yesterday and to get in the spirit of the race I'm planning to completely finish my Iditaquilt by the time the last musher finishes...gives me about two weeks. And of course I have a musher I am following which makes it more fun too. Heather Siirtola from Talkeetna. She is racing with 16 dogs. If you are interested in more Iditarod news check out the official Iditarod website and Heather's website, Hardcore Huskies. (Check out the race leaders and their times...wow!)

Just like the mushers, I've made as many preparations as possible and I'm off to a great start. Here's were I am at my first check point.


I'm pretty enthused about my progress sew far. These rows will make up the center of the quilt...this gives you an idea of where I'm going...just hope the weather holds out for me because I have sew far to go. The Iditarod  is 1,131 miles...if Heather can do it surely I can get my Iditaquilt done. 

9 comments:

Cathy said...

It looks like a dark and starry winter sky. It is lovely.

Bonnie said...

It's looking good. Keep working on it even if all you get is a row sewn. You'd be surprised how little bits of sewing can add up.

Chris said...

What a great motivator for your quilt. Good luck getting done by the time the last musher crosses the line.

happydaysquilting said...

Great patterns, love your quilt!

Marti said...

Oh yes, I really like the way that is coming together. I love the fabric and starry night is the way I'd describe it too.

Sue Daurio said...

I LOVE the pattern. Good luck on the finish for both you and your friend!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

What a great idea to make a quilt as the mushers mush! Good luck to you, all the mushers and their dogs too!

Becky said...

I love this. I love stars, and these are unusual. A great project. Surely you can finish!

Gari in AL said...

Great quilt and a great way to inspire yourself. Best of luck in your race.